Its not everyday you get to be in the middle of a Bollywood scene. And I was stunned for a moment la when it happened. Here goes..
I had gone to the POSB Atm near my place to withdraw some cash for myself after alighting from the bus at the bus stop just a short walk away. Now as I inserted the ATM into the card, I noticed a white wallet, looked rather faded and the first thing that came to my mind was to pick it up and look around for any takers or claimants. But no one came rushing back, so I put it back on top of the ATM box and proceeded to withdraw my cash.
Ok. Cash withdrawn and placed into my wallet. By then, I decided since no one was coming back to the ATM to claim her wallet( I was quite sure that it was a ladies wallet by the looks of it), I felt this was my moment to just take it and bring it to the nearest police station, and just feel good abt it and hopefully, i will get a call from the owner and she will say all nice things and all.. So i picked it up and turned away from the ATM... and there she was...
This young lady, white top that reached her knees and black tights got out from this white car which was just a few metres away from me. She looked in my direction and started running towards me la. Ok la. Thats it. I was looking for the background dancers to just jump out from the trees and the hospital nearby and get the song going. She was getting closer and her strides were getting faster and still no background dancers. Stil no dancers and song la!! Ok. I lifted my hand carrying the wallet and sort of gave her the indication "Are you looking for this ?". and she gave me a few nods while still in her stride. OK la. Then she slowed down and came to a halt just a metre away from me.
Ok la. Lets pause a moment to check her out la. She looked Indian, prob abit Arab. and prob in her late teens.Looked dressed to impress as well. And then she let go a whole string of "Thank you, thank you, thank you sooooooo much". Grabbed the wallet and turned back la and ran towards her waiting car. That was it la. Bollywood moment over. No background dancers, no long hug and embrace as seen this clip below.. Haha.
Check out this Youtube clip below for a re-enactment of the scene. Any resemblance to any person is purely accidental.
Well on a final note, to her credit, she did not stop there and started checking her wallet whether I had the courage to swipe anything from her wallet. Well, I didnt and it wouldnt haven been a Bollywood moment then. Cheers.
1 comment:
i love this post!
maybe you will see her again!!! :)
Post a Comment